If you're looking to buy a wetsuit, it's important to make sure you get the right size. Wetsuits that are too small can restrict movement and be uncomfortable, while wetsuits that are too big won't keep you warm and can fill with water, making it harder to move around. Here are some tips to help you choose the correct size wetsuit.
- Check the manufacturer's size chart
- Every wetsuit manufacturer will have their own size chart, so it's important to check this before you buy. Take your measurements and compare them to the size chart to find the best size for you. Keep in mind that wetsuits are meant to fit snugly, so don't be surprised if you need a smaller size than you're used to.
- Try on the wetsuit
- If possible, try on the wetsuit before you buy it. This will give you a better idea of how it fits and feels on your body. Pay attention to areas like the shoulders, chest, and hips, as these tend to be the most important areas for fit.
- Check the fit
- Once you have the wetsuit on, do some basic movements to see how it feels. Squat down, raise your arms, and move your legs around to make sure you have enough range of motion. The wetsuit should fit snugly but not be so tight that it restricts your movements.
- Check for gaps
- Make sure there are no gaps between your body and the wetsuit, especially around the neck, wrists, and ankles. If there are gaps, water can seep in and make you cold.
- Consider the thickness
- The thickness of the wetsuit you need will depend on the water temperature and the activities you'll be doing. Thicker wetsuits will be warmer, but may also be more restrictive. Thinner wetsuits will allow for more movement, but may not be warm enough for colder water.
By following these tips, you should be able to find a wetsuit that fits you properly and keeps you comfortable in the water. Remember, a well-fitted wetsuit is key to enjoying your time in the water, so take the time to find the right one for you. Any doubts or questions just ask at the store.